Monday, December 5, 2011

R4P2 - Day 8 - Monday

Start Weight 160.0
Today's weight 154.5

Total weight loss first week - 5.5

No I haven't given up. I'm still plugging along. Still struggling with this round and haven't been staying completely on protocol. I'm sure thats why I've only lost 5.5 pounds my first week. I haven't been able to gice up my coffe with flavored creamer yet and I've also had some half & half in my broccoli soup on 3 days in a row and for 2 out of the 3 I also added a little cheese to the soup. Yesterday I had ribeye steak instead of New York, which has a lot more fat, but tasted oh so much better. I'm determined to do better this week. No more cheats. I'm just not sure I can give up my coffe in the mornings!

A friend of mine, who is also on the program, had a wonderful idea. She's taken to substituting her meat with non fat Greek yogurt. 1 cup is 130 calories and has 23 grams of protien in it. Last night I made my broccoli soup and added the 1/2 c yogurt instead of the half & half and the whole bowl was only 115 calories. Then I took the other 1/2 cup of yogurt, added a little stevia and strawberries for a wonderful desert. My total calories were only 215. The half & half alone that I was putting in my soup had more calories than that. It's a really nice chance of pace when I'm tired of meat!

I'd like to lose 5 pounds per week. I'm staying on Phase 2 until December 23, when we go camping for 4 days. I'll stop taking the drops during those 4 days and resume the drops on the 27th. Then I will be on Phase 2 until the end of January or until I've lost the weight I've gained. Out anniversary is in February and I'd really like to be down into a dress I couldn't wear last year. It will probabaly take that long for me to get my mind wrapped around doing maintenance the RIGHT way!

Lunch - 165

1 c Greek yogurt
strawberries

Dinner - 220

100 g chicken
8 oz mushrooms
apple

Total calories - 385

Mushrooms aren't on protocol but it was the last I had in the frig and didn't want them to go to waste. Especially since they were the baby portabellas! They did make a tasty dinner. If it doesn't effect my weight loss too much I may have them again.

Still working on my water intake. It's been so stinkin cold here that the last thing I want to do is drink a lot of water. Makes me that much colder! I hate cold weather, by the way. having grown up in sothern California, I still can't adapt to it and I have no clue as to how to dress to keep warm. I'm either freezing or I over dress and I'm roasting. No happy medium here!

No comments:

Post a Comment