Monday, May 23, 2011

R3P2 - Day 16

Start weight 146.4
Today's weight 136.9
Gain/Loss +1.3

Yes.....the food free for all I had yesterday caught up with me! I'm not too disappointed, it was a planned thing so I was expecting it. Doing an apple day today to compensate.

My daughters and I have decided to do a 10 pound challenge. We've challenged each other to see who can lose the 10 pounds the fastest. The winner gets a prize of their choice. My youngest daughter wants to pick out any swim suit she wants out of the Victoria Secret catalogue. My oldest daughter has yet to decide what she would like her prize to be. Personally, I think losing the 10 pounds is prize enough for me! But then again.....a nice massage would feel really good!

We have another wedding to go to this Saturday and I know I'm going to blow it again. It's so hard to go to a catered dinner reception and then sit there and not eat. I will try to make better choices than I did last night. But really......who can resist wedding cake???

My husband went on the program with me for 2 weeks. His schedule changed and he has to be out of town this week and it was just too hard for him to stick with it. He did manage to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks and that while having flavored creamer in his coffee every morning and his daily 'cheats' in the afternoon, usually peanuts or hot tamales. I was proud of him for sticking with it for 2 weeks. Will he keep it off?????  Probably not. He broke the diet with a large fry and cheeseburger! He will, however, have a totally different view of what I've gone through and what I still struggle with.

I was looking at some old pictures this morning just to remember how far I've come on this weight loss journey. It's sad actually to see how miserable I was even when I was trying to have fun. I wasn't comfortable in my clothes, not for that matter with myself. Looking at those pictures helps me to keep my resolve that I never, ever want to be in that position again. I like where I am right now. I like how I look. I like who I am. I'm comfortable with me!

I have lots of overweight pictures of me, but I'm waiting for some of the newer ones so I can post the difference. I had become so camera shy that even though I've lost weight, I don't have any pictures. We went to a wedding recently and I'm waiting to get back some of those to post.

Breakfast - 5

Coffee with vanilla cream stevia

Lunch/Dinner

apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment