Sunday, February 20, 2011

R2P2 - Day 14

Start weight 161.4
Today's weight 152.3
Gain/Loss +.6

I guess the tale was told and it didn't work out in my favor! So today's an apple day. I went to the grocery store this morning and picked several different types of apples. It's actually something I've always wanted to do. I bought Ambrosia, Jazz, Pacific Rose, Gala and Red delicious. My favorite was the Pacific Rose. It was very crisp and slightly sweet. One of my favorite apples is Honeycrisp but they were out of them. Now it's a toss up between the two. Wasn't impressed with the Jazz, but I know getting them out of season can make a big difference in how they taste and all apples have different seasons. I've had some red delicious apples that tasted terrible and I've had some really good ones. So I haven't given up on the Jazz yet. I'll try it again at a different time of year to see if that makes a difference. Interestingly, there are over 3,000 varieties of apples. If you ate a different one every day for a year it would take you over 8 years to sample each one.

Breakfast - 5

Coffee with vanilla cream stevia

Lunch/Dinner - 480

6 apples

Total calories - 485

Here's hoping the apple day works!

No comments:

Post a Comment