Wednesday, March 30, 2011

R2P2 - Day 52

Start weight 161.4
Today's weight 139.6
Gain/Loss -1.0

Down a pound after my apple day yesterday. Decided to do another protein day today. I'm still up .5 from my lowest weight and I have 10 days left on the drops. If the protein day works I may keep it up until it stops working, but I won;t know that until tomorrow.

By the way, a few days ago I mentioned that I had read about some changes to the protocol foods. I contact my source to ask her why the changes and she said that there have been some doctors that have done some research and found that the addition of these new foods have no detrimental effect on the diet. Since Dr. Simeon's diet was started back in the 60's, they felt they had better means to determine if additional food would work as well. She summed it up by saying you can try them but if you have a problem go back to the basics! I may try the new foods lists when I do Round 3, but I think I'll finish this round with what I've been doing.

In case your curious, the new foods included broccoli, zucchini, brussell sprouts in addition to the vegetables already listed, however you are to have 6 oz per meal per day. Added fruits include 1/2 c papaya, 1/3 c honeydew, 1/2 c cantaloupe and apricots. The meats stayed the same for the most part except for steak it has been changed to Fillet Mignon only, and 93% lean hamburger.

Breakfast - 5

Coffee with vanilla cream stevia

Lunch - 180

200g tilapia

Dinner - 240

6 oz Italian seasoned ground turkey

Interestingly Jenny-O's regular ground turkey is 170 calories per 4 oz, but Jenny-O Italian seasoned ground turkey breast is only 160 calories for 4 oz. It taste like Italian sausage.

Total calories - 425

No comments:

Post a Comment